Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Leaving on A Jet Plane.....

I sit here writing the last few thank you notes, thinking about the things that I've probably forgotten to pack. We leave the ground in just about 10 hours, and of course there are still things to do.

I keep telling myself "Less is more, less is more." Being the boy-scout/hyper-prepared type of person that I am, I would bring my whole toolbox, power tools, rollerblades, and snowsuit just in case if I could. Of course we cannot.

We are at over 100% of our support goal, which is awesome. We may have additional financial needs during our trip, but we'll keep you posted. I just realized that some folks are going to be giving their gifts to us after we leave, and we will have no way of tracking those gifts, or even knowing who you are. So if you supported us in any way, and you don't get a thank you note from us in the next week or so, (indicating that we know that you supported us) please let us know via email. Not just because we'd like to send you a note, but also so we know who's behind us. It is very encouraging to know that we have a bunch of folks who love and care for us and are praying for us, and we'd like to know who they are. We know that some of you were not called or able to support us financially, but are with us in spirit and through prayer. We'd love you to send us an email, or comment on this post, so we know who's "got our back."

love to you all

John

4 comments:

Wouter said...

I didn't know you guys were going to Africa. We just got back with Adeline from Liberia. Enjoy the hot weather.

Praying for you.

Wouter

Arielle said...

Safe travels you guys!! I'll be thinking about you :-)

Anonymous said...

John & Ellie:

You're in my prayers. I'm going to make sure N & G read this and involve them in prayer time for you too.

Love,
Bethany

april said...

hey - God bless and know that we think you guys totally rock for serving God like this! woot-woot : )

we're behind you, and we love you
april and nathan reinhard